NURSERY MALTESE CROSS
For dogs that have never been in the cards up to and including 6th place in any Maltese Cross nursery, novice or open trial, or any novice or open driving trial at the start of the nursery season.
Trial numbers: 1, 2, 3 & 4 – Outrun, lift and fetch, shute and pen 🐑
Trial numbers: 5, 6 & 7 – Outrun, lift and fetch, one way through Maltese Cross and pen 🐑🐑
Trial numbers: 8, 9 & 10 – Outrun, lift and fetch, one way through Maltese cross, shed and pen🐑🐑🐑
Trial numbers: 11, 12, 13 & 14 – Outrun, lift and fetch two ways through Maltese cross, shed and pen🐑🐑🐑🐑
For dogs that have never been on the cards up to and including 6th place in any novice or open driving trial or 1st in any nursery Driving trial at the start of the nursery season
Trials 1-14, inclusive: Outrun, lift and fetch, driving course, shed and pen
NOTES FOR HANDLERS
1. 10-00 am start unless otherwise notified
2. All classes £3 entry fee per dog
3. Dogs are able to change classes during the season unless they have been placed 1st 2nd or 3rd in the driving
4. Maximum three dogs per handler per class. If you are running three dogs in 1st Class then please book in before 10.00am. If not booked in then only two dogs will be able to run in 1st class.
5. In all nursery classes handlers will be allowed to leave the post and assist their dogs but will only be allowed half the allotted time at the judge’s discretion; however once the handler leaves the post the run will no longer be judged.
6. We kindly ask anyone running a dog to help let sheep out during the day to make it more enjoyable for everyone.
7. All dogs should run under their registered name
8. Any handler to be found cheating wil be banned for a determind time
19, All handler running three dogs in a class, to take turns running first
New & Young Handlers Classes
For any young handler, 16yrs and under at the start of Nursery Season, and any new handler who has not run at any open or novice trial before 1st October 2018, with any dog. Dogs may not run in any other class on same day
Young Handlers are restricted to 2 dogs
Young handlers class to take place during the first class of the day,weather driving or MX. Any young handler may run in the second class, if preferred,but this will not be within the young handlers class
At the end of the Nursery season, a trophy will be awarded to the highest pointed dog in the Nursery Maltese Cross class and the Nursery Driving class. 1st 6 points; 2nd 5 points; 3rd 4 points; 4th 3 points; 5th 2 points; 6th 1 point.
There will be rosettes awarded for the first 6 places in each Nursery class at each trial. Prize money for the first 3 places. Young Handlers will receive rosettes and Prize money
Results will be announced upon the completion of each class.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ENGLISH NURSERY FINALS
This year, the 3 team members (+ one reserve) will be decided by an aggregate system, taking each dog’s best 4 scores across the first 8 trials.
Each handler can only qualify one dog into the team with the exception of the reserve place.
1. The Judge’s decision is final
2. Any dog abusing the sheep will be called off immediately
3. Any handler whose dog damages sheep shall be liable to pay for the damage
4. Competitors attending trials where sheep are damaged while being let out will collectively be liable to pay for the damage
5. Any person verbally abusing judges or officials will be suspended for the season from that day
6. No training aids to be used on the trial field at any time
7. Dogs are able to change classes during the season unless they have been placed 1st 2nd or 3rd in the driving